Thursday, February 10, 2011

Something Fun


I know it’s been a bit since I’ve posted, and I have so much to share. In the next week I hope to post our activities from the 100th and 101st days of school, as well as our Chinese New Year activities.  For my first new post, however, I’m going to start with something that I do to add a little flare to the day.


I love to use fun pointers!  My students love them too!  They’re a great tool for getting and holding students’ attention. They’re also a good motivator, because once my students have mastered skills, like the calendar or the alphabet, they get to use the pointers to lead class activities.



I have been collecting pointers for awhile. A number of them come from the Dollar Tree, the Dollar Spot at Target, and Michael’s. Some of them are hand made. Some were gifts from students and other teachers.

This is one of my favorite pointers.


I used to use a plain wooden rod to reach the alphabet. A co-worker made this for me last year. How fun!


This is our counting stick. We use it to count during calendar. I saw a presenter use it at a kindergarten conference and just had to get one  My students love to watch the colors and glitter swirl around. Plus, it's the perfect size and shape for pointing to our number chart.


I have so many pointers that I could fill up several entries . I have some that are specific to the holidays and units we study.  I'm sure they will make appearances in later posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment