Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Vacation!



Wow!  I can't believe the school year is over. It was a very busy and exciting year. Now it's time to relax a little and begin preparing for the new group of students that are coming in August.

I know it's been several weeks since I've posted. I don't know about you, but the end of the school year is always super busy for me. Finishing up student scrapbooks, handwriting our report cards, and preparing for awards day fills the last few weeks of school. Packing up the room so the custodians can wax our floors (I love coming back to shiny new floors!), and completing end of the year paper work also keeps  me running. There was little time for blogging over those few weeks.

After school let out I spent the first week of vacation cleaning my apartment and getting ready for vacation. Then it was off to New York City, where I boarded the Caribbean Princess for a nine day cruise! I took this picture from the balcony of my stateroom. So exciting!


I wish that every summer break could begin this way! I had such a fab time. I will be posting more about my cruise on my home blog (http://addictedtosparkling.blogspot.com/).


Now that I am relaxed I feel ready to begin preparing for the new school year. Before I begin posting ideas for the start of the year, I am going to catch up on some things I wanted to post at the end of the year. Over the next week I will be posting the end of our Eric Carl Unit. I will also be posting on our fairytale unit.

Up Next:  The Honey Bee and the Robber  Sight Word Game (Finally! J)

No comments:

Post a Comment